The Housekeeping for the Private Home Course.
Starkey’s Fine Housekeeping for the Private Home course offers the most secret of the old guard detail in fine Housekeeping knowledge and service techniques. Starkey has made an art form of finding the depth of knowledge for each of the major 10 Service Standard expectations and this publication covers Housekeeping Standards. Some employers prefer “the place for everything and everything in its place” method. Some prefer child sanitation and others prefer a pet friendly style. But how does one get there unless there is an actual written plan in place. Further, Housekeeping today must be written in both English and Spanish. This unique course teaches the Private Service Housekeeper how to set up and customize a Housekeeping Plan for any size environment, customizes Task Sheets, Daily-Graces, and visually presents processes and techniques. We cover Housekeeping Etiquette, Protocol, Organization, Products, and Cleaning Tools.
Housekeeping is to Household Management as bookkeeping is to Accounting. If you don’t know it, you can’t really supervise Housekeepers or train them. It’s an integral part of a Household Manager’s knowledge. This publication offers what are appropriate Zones and Zones differences, and how to customize task sheets for Housekeepers. Housekeeping is not a checklist it is a time-oriented plan. Now select the right products for each surface and their purpose, the cleaning methods, the organization, the care of fine furniture, bedroom cleaning and turn-down service, sanitizing bathrooms, cleaning floors, developing daily duties, weekly duties, and seasonal Housekeeping duties. “See the Details!” Actually, know what fine Housekeeping means.
This course is for the serious professional and Private Service Provider who wants to become trusted for their housekeeping expertise. It is the reference bible for all Housekeepers from beginners to professionals. This is the true art of a “House Beautiful”. This course offers forms to fill out to include in your Housekeeping Plan. Learn how to be the expert in Housekeeping and be fully trusted for your knowledge.
Starkey Fine Housekeeping Course
Room and board are provided as part of the tuition. The course will be provided at the Starkey Mansion in Denver. We have seven new upgraded bedrooms and bathrooms. The Mansion has a gym, pool room, and a full kitchen.
Curriculum offered in this course:
- Starkey cleaning philosophy for the high-net-worth
- The Relationship of Service, etiquette, and protocols
- Housekeeping baselines and variables
- Family Housekeeping favorites and standards
- Creation of a customized household Housekeeping plan
- Learn about organic and standard products, chemicals, tools, and safety
- Closet organization and inventory management skills
- Students will develop Zones and Task Sheets (bring your architectural drawings)
- Identify Daily Graces, project tasks, and weekly, monthly and seasonal cleaning schedules
- Correct cleaning methods and techniques
- Dusting, care of wood, care wood floors, carpets, and fine rugs
- Proper care and cleaning of art, books, antiques, and other collectibles
- Care of silver, glass, crystal, china, chandeliers, and windows
- Bathroom and kitchen cleaning
- Making beds, performing turn-down, linen closet organization, care of bed linens, and laundry practices
- The tuition includes Room and board so no other cost is required besides travel expenses to the Starkey Mansion